After exiting the market in 2016 and selling their business to PC Company, Sharp, Toshiba started focusing on making their laptops an overall business suite.
Toshiba laptops are great for business purposes however, as a business man you need to be updated with all the latest resources to remain efficient and productive. This means that it is crucial to have Bluetooth access on your Toshiba laptop – which could be a bit complicated to enable at first.
In this guide, I’ll go over how to connect Bluetooth to your Toshiba laptop so that you can easily transfer your files between different devices.
How to Connect Bluetooth on a Toshiba Laptop running windows 10
It is quite easy to connect Bluetooth on a Toshiba laptop with windows 10. Just follow these instructions:
- Go to the Windows Settings app or press the Windows key + I.
- From the settings menu click on Devices.
- On the left menu go to Bluetooth and other devices.
- Switch Bluetooth to On.
Now, grab the device you want to pair with your laptop and turn it’s Bluetooth on. Once the Bluetooth starts searching for nearby devices you should see your device appear on your Toshiba laptop. Once you see it, click on Pair.
Just like that, your Bluetooth device should be connected successfully.
Although, it is easy to connect your Bluetooth device to your laptop, some Toshiba laptops don’t have this capability and instead have to be connected through other methods.
If the above method didn’t work for you can try the other methods – using an application card or Toshiba Assist.
Connecting Bluetooth Using Toshiba Assist
To connect your Bluetooth using Toshiba Assist, follow the below instructions:
- Go to Start and navigate to All Programs.
- Point to Toshiba, Utilities, and select Toshiba Assist.
- On the new window click Connect. You should now see a Bluetooth icon under Contents.
- Double-click the Bluetooth icon and select Enable Bluetooth.
Your Bluetooth should be connected successfully and you can now pair one of your devices on your Toshiba laptop.
Connecting Bluetooth Using Application Card
Another quick way you can enable Bluetooth on your Toshiba laptop is by using an application card. To do this:
- Press and hold the Function key (Fn) + Down Arrow key.
- Click the stacked icon that appears on the right side of your screen.
- Click the Bluetooth card icon.
Can’t find the function keys on your Toshiba Laptop? Read our article on How to Enable Function Keys on Toshiba Laptop
If you followed all the steps correctly your Toshiba laptop should now have Bluetooth enabled.
Does My Toshiba Laptop Have Bluetooth?
Even though many Toshiba laptops come with Bluetooth capability (especially the newer models) there are some that don’t. Some of Toshiba’s satellite laptops do not come with Bluetooth and need to have a Bluetooth driver installed manually. To do this, you can go to Toshiba’s website and check their products page for the available driver packs and see which one is compatible with your laptop.
How Do I Transfer Files From My Toshiba Laptop?
You might not only want Bluetooth to connect those fancy new speakers you bought. Being primarily for business, you might want to transfer files from your devices to your Toshiba laptop or transfer files from your laptop to your paired device.
Whatever the case, it’s pretty simple to do.
If you want to send files from your Toshiba laptop to your Bluetooth device:
- Go to the file you want to send and right-click on it.
- From the dropdown menu point to Send to.
- Then click on Bluetooth Device.
- If you have more than one device connected you will see a list of Bluetooth devices select the one you want to transfer your files to and click OK.
- On your Bluetooth device (Mobile, PC, Tab etc.) click Accept on the prompt to receive the file.
If you want to receive files on your Toshiba laptop from your Bluetooth device:
- Grab your Bluetooth device e.g. mobile and select the file you want to transfer.
- Press and hold it to see further options for the file and tap Share.
- Now, you’ll see multiple options to share your file, tap on the Bluetooth icon.
- If you have more than one device connected you will see a list of Bluetooth devices select your Toshiba laptop and transfer the files(s) by tapping OK or Send.
The above methods allow you to transfer your files from different devices using Bluetooth on your Toshiba laptop.
Toshiba is a great brand that focuses on creating laptops for business purposes. As a businessman, you need to have access to Bluetooth technology to stay productive and make your workspace efficient.
Bluetooth can be easily enabled on Windows OS but can also be enabled using Toshiba assist or application cards.
Even though it is quite easy to enable Bluetooth on a Toshiba laptop it should be noted that not all Toshiba models come with pre-built Bluetooth capability. For these specific models a Bluetooth driver pack needs to be installed from the official website before following the above guide.