We all love to accessorize our laptops with skins and laptop bags to save them from scratches. but some people do not know the size of their laptop screen for several reasons. if you are one of them, this post will teach you How to Measure A Laptop Screen Size For Bags.
Things You Need to Know About Measuring Your Laptop Screen
Before you start measuring your laptop screen, here are some things that you should know.
- You can save yourself from all this hassle by searching your laptop’s model name on the internet and the search results will include all the details of your laptop, including the screen size. and if you are not aware of the model, try finding the box that your laptop came in, it should suffice.
- You will have to measure your laptop diagonally. So, start from one corner and measure the length to the other corner.
- Your laptop’s screen size will be measured in inches. Hence the tool that you are using should be in inches. But if it is not, you can use a converter and convert the cm/m into inches easily.
- If you don’t have a measuring tape, you can use an A4-sized paper and try to guess the size. For example, an A4 size paper will fit a 13-inch laptop. so you can guess if your laptop is bigger or smaller than the paper. Laptops have standard sizes, so the laptop will be either 13, 14, or 15 inches.
- When you are measuring the depth/thickness of your laptop, make sure that it is closed so that the reading is accurate.
How to Measure A Laptop Screen : Step by Step
Now that we are done with the basics, let us discuss How to Measure A Laptop Screen Size For Bags.
You should start by looking for a tool that will help you measure the laptop. for example, a measuring tape or a ruler. however, a measuring tape will be more appropriate as it will be inches and make the measuring more flexible.
Now, choose your starting point. as mentioned earlier, the screen will be measured diagonally, so start from one corner. Keep the measuring tape at one end and extend it to the other point. Make sure that you measure from where your screen starts. you should repeat the process once, to make sure that you did not measure it wrong.
After measuring the screen, you will have to measure the width and the depth of your laptop, most of the laptop bags and sleeves are tailor-made, so these details will ensure that your bag is a perfect fit.
After you measure the screen, write down the measurements properly and if they are not in inches, then convert them to inches. It is important because most of the manufacturers take inches as the standard unit and make bags according to it.
If you want to do it the old-fashioned way, then 1 inch is equal to 2.54 cm. you do the math!
How to Find a Perfect Bag for your Laptop?
Finding the perfect bag for your laptop depends entirely on your choice. Find out what you like the most – if you like to carry around a backpack then there are plenty of backpacks that come with a padded laptop compartment. However, if you like to keep things formal, then a normal leather laptop bag that you can carry around easily will be your best best.
But, if you love your current bag and want to store your laptop in it, then a laptop sleeve should be your first choice. There are many options available in the market. The sleeve will fit into your current bag keeping your laptop safe. Similarly, choosing a laptop bag that has extra pockets will help you store the extra bits and bobs. Strong them in the same compartment as your laptop can scratch the surface of your laptop and that is not something that you will like. so, plan ahead of time!
You can look at different marketplaces for laptop bags/sleeves. but make sure that you know the brand and model of your laptop. so that the bag fits properly.
To Sum It All Up
Laptops bags are necessary to keep your laptops safe. but there are different sizes for different models. To make your laptop bag fits properly, measuring your laptop is important. You can use a measuring tape or a ruler to measure your laptop. in the end, just convert the values into inches and then search for a bag.
If you do not have a measuring tape or a ruler, you can look on the internet to find out the exact measurements. But if your laptop is to from a popular manufacturer, try taking an A4 paper and place it on top of your laptop. if it fits, then your laptop is around 13 inches and if it does not, then it is 14 or 15 inches.