If you are reading this article it means, you want to connect laptop to Vizio Smart Tv wirelessly?
Vizio SMart TV is becoming more popular among consumers every day.
People have started to shift from traditional television services to Vizio Smart TV services due to their high quality of pictures and video through the internet connectivity service that you will get with this brand of television.
These days people are busy with their work. They do not have time left for their home entertainment system.
They want to watch good quality videos on their television sets but do not have time for it. For this reason.
Vizio Smart TV is the best option for people where they can easily stream videos from their laptops or computers sitting in another room.
You just need to prepare two things before you start streaming your video content through your Vizio Smart TV, they are a laptop adapter and an HDMI cable.
Best Ways to Connect Laptop to Vizio Smart TV Wirelessly
1) Connect Using Chromecast
Chromecast is one of the easiest ways to stream your laptop content on Vizio Smart TV.
You just need an HDMI port, USB power cable, and Internet connectivity.
For this, you require to download the Chromecast application on your laptop that will detect your Vizio Smart TV through a Wi-Fi connection.
2) Connect Through Google Cast Extension
Google cast extension is similar to Chromecast where it will connect your laptop with Vizio Smart TV through Wi-Fi.
It works perfectly fine with Google chrome browser windows operating systems including Windows 7, 8, 8.1, and 10.
You just need to install one plugin on your Chrome web browser which is named Cast Extension by Google Inc. It allows you to stream all types of videos from chrome browsers directly onto Vizio smart TV wirelessly without any hassle.
3) Streaming Video Files through Vizio Smart TV
This is another great way to connect laptop to Vizio smart TV using an HDMI cable. You just need to install one application that is known as Plex media player on your laptop.
This application has its own interface like Windows, Mac, and Linux operating systems.
You just need to connect your laptop with Vizio smart TV through HDMI cable and then start streaming videos on it by installing the Plex media player application on your laptop.
4) You can buy an adapter that is meant for wired technology if your laptop does not have a wireless connection option.
Then you will have to connect the USB wire of this adapter with the USB port of your laptop. HDMI wire of the same adapter can be connected to the HDMI port on the backside of the smart TV.
5) You can use one wireless router at home for both your television as well as your laptop.
6) You can also purchase a wifi dongle that you need to connect with the USB port on your laptop and use internet service from it as per your requirement.
In this way, you will not have to worry about slow internet speed at all because now there is no other device or person connected with the network except you which means you get maximum speed.
One drawback of this method is that there may be a few issues regarding stability which needs further research before using this method for high-end work like streaming videos through Vizio Smart TV.
The reason behind fewer stability issues is that usage frequency will be low.
7) This connection option works best among all because strong security measures are being taken in this method.
It makes the connection more secure in a way that no other person or device gets connected with the network at any condition.
In this method, you have to connect your laptop and smart TV through an HDMI port.
This is the last option for people who do not want to get involved with wiring problems like routing wires from one room to another etc.
After preparing all necessary things, you can follow the basic steps that are given below; there is nothing much complicated about it:
1) You need to turn on your Vizio Smart television and move the cursor towards the right top side of the screen where you will get multiple options like “Input”, “Volume” etc.
But for moving towards these options, you need to press the down arrow key on the remote to make your cursor active.
If you want to choose any option apart from volume level then you will have to press the down arrow key again which makes the cursor inactive or you can also use up and down arrow keys together for making it active if required.
2) After moving into the input option, press the “Down” arrow button to move down where you will get different options like a TV broadcast, HDMI1, etc.
3) Now move your cursor towards the right direction until you come across the option named “PC” after reaching there.
Select this option by pressing the right arrow button of the remote control.
4) While staying on the PC selection screen, keep on pressing the left and right arrows of your remote control one time each till you come across the option that says “Input” then select it by using the down arrow button.
5) After doing all this, you will be able to see your TV screen in laptop mode so you can share anything through your laptop screen with the world.
But remember only one drawback of this method is that microphone and camera option of TV is not available.
So, if it was required for anyone reason while streaming videos through Vizio Smart television then he/she has to use separate audio input options like USB mic or Bluetooth option apart from HDMI port which is mentioned below:
2) Composite- RCA
3) Component Video- HDMI 5) VGA 6) USB 2.0
The way described above works perfectly for anyone who wants to connect laptop to Vizio Smart Tv wirelessly.
This video might help you wirelessly:
So, it is best to use an HDMI-equipped device for this purpose because, in wireless mode, there may be some compatibility problems regarding audio and video drivers.
Using the above-given method, you can easily connect your laptop with Vizio Smart television wirelessly no matter where you want to share anything through your computer screen with the world.
This method is the best regarding speed and clarity of picture as well as audio because it uses the HDMI input option which has a high bandwidth.