We all know that reading on the iPad or your laptop is environment friendly but reading on paper is still the best. Therefore, we all have an affinity for printers. But sometimes your printer refuses to connect. And no, don’t punch your printer. Try these hacks instead and you will be able to connect your printer.
Factors To Be Aware of Before Starting
Before we jump on to the hacks, have a look at these.
- Bluetooth is a short-range connection, meaning documents will not be printed from a wide distance
- It may be required to connect a Bluetooth transmitter to the laptop if the Wi-Fi is not connected
- Required drivers for connecting printers should be installed in the laptop beforehand in the Windows Control Panel.
- The Printer Wizard can guide individuals on how to connect the wireless printer with the Wi-Fi step by step.
- A passcode may be required, which will be provided by the printer itself
- Once the printer is connected to the laptop, documents can be printed easily without the inconvenience of additional wires on desks and in offices.
Connect The Wireless Printer to Wi-Fi
Wireless printers require an active internet connection, in the form of Wi-Fi. It can be connected to home-based wireless internet or the office network. The technique for establishing an internet connection can vary between different wireless printers.
So, it is important to extensively read the attached printer manual and follow the lines of the directions stated for connected the printer to Wi-Fi. Nevertheless, certain wireless printers contain a software wizard too, which is capable of automatically establishing a connection with the available Wi-Fi networks.
How To Grant the Printer Internet Access?
It is also important to configure the internet to the wireless printer too, and there are steps to follow for this process.
- The first step is to turn the power of the Wi-Fi router and laptop on
- Up next, it is important to turn on the power of the printer
- Resume to the settings of the wireless setup in the control panel of the printer
- Click on the SSID of the required Wi-Fi network
- Enter the password of the Wi-Fi network
- The password can be found in the WEP of the router, or the WPA passphrase of the router
- You will be able to know when the Wi-Fi is connected to the printer when the wireless light turns on in the printer.
How To Resolve Connection Issues?
The following steps can be used in case of the printer not connecting to the established Wi-Fi connection.
- The wireless printer can be connected to the laptop with the help of a printer callable of a USB cable. If the printer is able to print documents with the capability, it might not have a system of connecting with the Wi-Fi.
- Change the location of the printer to find better Wi-Fi signals.
- Simply move the printer to see if something is blocking the internet access.
- The printer display can also be checked for the Wi-Fi strength
- Make sure previous print jobs are cleared, as the error in a document can block the connection of the printer to the Wi-Fi.
- Try restarting the laptop if it counties to not connect with the Wi-Fi network
- Update the laptop’s firmware to make sure it is connected to the Wi-Fi network
How To Connect the Laptop with The Wireless Printer?
After the Wi-Fi network is connected to the printer, add the printer to the laptop. This can be achieved through the following steps:
- Turn the power of the printer on
- Go to the windows search option
- Type the word printer in the box
- Click on the printers and scanners option
- Click on add a printer or scanner option present in the window settings
- Click on the option of the required printer
- Click on the add device option
- Wait for a while, since the device will set up the required drivers and insert the printer into the laptop.
- An additional software might be required in this process, download the software recommended by windows.
- Once the process is complete, the laptop can be connected to the printer without any cable.
- If the printer still isn’t recognized, move back to the printers and scanners option
- Click on the Add a printer or scanner option
- Click on the option for the printer that I want is not listed
- Go to the add printer box
- Click on the option for Add a Bluetooth, wireless, or network discoverable printer
- Click on the Next button
- Click on the wireless printer option and then next
- Close the settings bar once the process is complete.
How To Print from A Wireless Printer While Being Away from Wi-Fi?
In this case, certain printers come with an email print option. The printer’s company has an assigned email address on their website, which can be used to send the document to the printer. In this manner, the document can be printed without the presence of Wi-Fi. The email can also be found in the printer’s menu.
For printing documents, while the laptop and printer are not on the same Wi-Fi connections, the following steps should be followed.
- Turn on the power of the Wi-Fi router
- Turn on the power of the printer
- Make sure the printer is connected to the Wi-Fi, and paper is present
- The next step is to open the email
- Generate an email message
- Send the email to the email ID provided with the wireless printer
- Add the printing description in the subject bar of the email
- Attach the document for printing to the email
- Make sure the size of the attachment does not exceed the limit of the email
- Information on the document can be added to the body of the email
- Click on send file
- The file will be sent to the wireless printer and will be printer accordingly.
Advantages Of a Wireless Printer.
Following are the advantages of moving to wireless printers for laptops:
Individuals are not limited to a room for printing, and they can work on the go. This can be helpful in retail sectors, and during peak, office working hours.
Wireless printers simply required Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connected, and do not need to be connected to a lot of fires, which improves the accessibility.
The wireless printers can be connected to many types of laptops and operated at high speeds. This can increase the productivity in offices, and decrease the time required for printing.
Wireless printers are convenient because they can be placed wherever they are required, without worry about inserting wires. This provides great space in offices and homes.
Hence, wireless printers offer a great advantage for users looking for mobility, accessibility, multifunction, and convenience in printers. Due to this reason, a surge in wireless printer demands has been witnessed.
Brands That Offer Wireless Printers That Effectively Work
Here are some brands that you should look out for.
- Sharp printers
- Konica Minolta printers
- HP printers
- Canon printers
- Richoh printers