Technology is going hand in hand with the human imagination. I believe that any innovation is equal to magic. Laptops are a part of this great struggle to perfection. There are a plethora of options from which you can choose a laptop. Likewise, these handy and effective gadgets have more than what meets the eye. Each intricate specification leads to a better performing and a good crafting laptop. So if you want to know what the best laptop for crafting is, keep on reading!
What does crafting mean?
Good crafting is a popular form to express oneself. I find crafting a way to channel my creativity into productivity. You can pick up random stuff and glue them together. It is a technique that we adopted for many years, but it’s time for a change. Crafting on laptops and electronic gadgets is far more fun and interactive. Digital crafting can be content writing, editing images, making videos, and many more.
Furthermore, you can create games and cartoons as an enjoyable crafting hobby. If one asks what crafting means, my answer is firstly to create a new existence out of given. Secondly, to unlock the closed doors of imagination is what crafting is all about!
Why crafting is good for your brain?
Crafting is an engaging activity. It lets you focus on your work and provides many benefits. Moreover, good crafting offers a feeling of self-satisfaction once you complete the craft. The following are the reasons why crafting is good for your brain.
• Wards off depression
It is a fact that good crafting is a cure for mental health. The best laptop for crafting can aid in making one feel happy. Furthermore, crafting lets one counter PTSD by providing a perfect leisure activity. Scientific research has positive results for people facing chronic pain and dementia.
• Social connection
A good crafting habit strengthens your social connections. Furthermore, better interaction with people is possible with crafting. This is a reason why experts recommend crafting with friends to a person with social anxiety. To knit people together and create a friendly atmosphere is what crafting means.
• Facilitates memory formation and retrieval
In addition to better brain activity, crafting helps with the brain’s thought process. Experts suggest an excellent crafting activity for patients suffering from memory loss. Furthermore, anyone can adopt crafting since it helps with the retrieval of memories. This is another great reason to start crafting.
• Better focus
The best laptop for circuit maker and crafting helps in focusing on a task. What crafting means is to focus attention and thoughts on a task. It encourages active creativity through learning. Crafting can help you achieve a sharp focus and better mind coordination.
• Increases self-esteem
For someone facing the struggle of low self-esteem, crafting is an excellent hobby. The best laptop for crafting are a wonderful gift for someone battling this issue. Do you want to know another reason why crafting is good for your brain? It is because it gives a sense of pride and achievement. Additionally, for someone with low self-esteem, it is a great success.
• Stress reduction
Crafting is a perfect antidote for stress. For immense work pressure and mental stress, crafting comes in handy. Good crafting can channel away the stress out of the body. Consequently, you feel less agitated and calmer. To answer why crafting is good for your brain, see for yourself. Buy the best laptop for crafting and kick away the stress. Good crafting is perfect for emotional and mental relief.
• Brain ageing prevention
Besides physical effects, depression also causes brain ageing. The brain shrinks with the increasing age. Its mental capacity decreases and memory loss is frequent. Yet, you can prevent the drastic increase in brain ageing. Good crafting helps to stimulate the mind and thought process. It stimulates and engages the brain, thus allowing it to function correctly.
Another equally important reason lies in its goal. Good crafting makes you happier and more positive. Doing a creative activity on your crafting laptop alleviates anxiety. Crafting can also erase negativity from your thoughts. It makes the brain healthier and productive. It can help with depression and bring your creative ideas to life.
• Decision-making power
Besides this, crafting can enhance decision-making power. The ability to make crucial decisions accurately and timely is crucial. Crafting helps in building the cognitive ability of the brain. A good crafting habit can make your mind pretty sharp.
So now that we have looked at all the numerous benefits crafting has, let’s take a look at the 10 best laptop for crafting that are available in the market.
Top 9 Best Laptop for Crafting in 2021
Dell XPS 15 9570-8th Generation Intel Core i7-8750H Processor, 4k Touchscreen display, 16GB DDR4 2666MHz RAM, 512GB SSD, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050Ti, Windows 10 Home, Gaming Capable
Acer Spin 3 Convertible Laptop, 14 inches Full HD IPS Touch, 8th Gen Intel Core i7-8565U, 16GB DDR4, 512GB PCIe NVMe SSD, Backlit KB, Fingerprint Reader, Rechargeable Active Stylus, SP314-53N-77AJ
New 2018 Lenovo Yoga 730 2-in-1 15.6″ FHD IPS Touch-Screen Laptop, Intel i5-8250U, 8GB DDR4 RAM, 256GB PCIe SSD, Thunderbolt, Fingerprint Reader, Backlit Keyboard, Built for Windows Ink, Win10
Acer Aspire E 15, 15.6″ Full HD, 8th Gen Intel Core i3-8130U, 6GB RAM Memory, 1TB HDD, 8X DVD, E5-576-392H
Dell Inspiron 15.6 Inch HD Touchscreen Flagship High Performance Laptop PC | Intel Core i5-7200U | 8GB Ram | 256GB SSD | Bluetooth | WiFi | Windows 10 (Black)
Lenovo Ideapad 330 15.6″ Anti Glared HD Premium Business Laptop (AMD A9-9425 up to 3.7 GHz, 8GB DDR4 Memory, 256GB SSD, AMD Radeon R5 Graphic, DVD-RW, HDMI, Windows 10 Home) – Purple
Lenovo Flex 14 2-in-1 Convertible Laptop, 14 Inch FHD Touchscreen Display, AMD Ryzen 5 3500U Processor, 12GB DDR4 RAM, 256GB NVMe SSD, Windows 10, 81SS000DUS, Black, Pen Included
- What does crafting mean?
- Why crafting is good for your brain?
- Top 9 Best Laptop for Crafting in 2021
- 1. DELL XPS 15 9570 4K – BEST LAPTOP FOR CRAFTING
- 2. MICROSOFT SURFACE PRO 6 12.3″
- 3. ACER SPIN 3 14″ – BEST 2 IN 1 LAPTOP FOR CRAFTING
- 4. LENOVO YOGA 730 2 IN 1 15.6″
- 5. ACER ASPIRE E 15 15.6″
- 6. DELL INSPIRON 15 15.6″ – BEST LAPTOP FOR PROFESSIONAL
- 7. LENOVO IDEAPAD 330 15.6″ – BEST BUDGET FRIENDLY LAPTOP
- 8. LENOVO FLEX 14 2 in 1 – BEST LAPTOP FOR CRAFTERS & GRAPHIC DESIGNER
- 9. ASUS VIVOBOOK F510QA 15.6″
- How to Choose a Laptop for Crafting
- Frequently Asked Questions
The sheer number of choices is overwhelming, but do not worry. It is my successful attempt to amalgamate a list. The list is a recollection of the best laptop for crafting. I am a firm believer in the fact that brevity is the soul of wit. So, you can extract the useful information that you need from the list below.
1. DELL XPS 15 9570 4K – BEST LAPTOP FOR CRAFTING
Dell XPS is a new and improved version in the series with all the sophisticated features. The screen is virtually borderless, which makes it modern and latest. You will not find colour disorientation from any visible angle. It has an 8th generation Intel core i7 processor. You can enjoy up to 2 TB of solid-state drive (SSD).
Moreover, Dell incorporates a 4k touchscreen display. No matter how much you zoom an image, the pixels will remain intact. The touchscreen is very interactive and sensitive. It will detect the slightest movement and provide the ultimate experience. Furthermore, you can get Windows 10 home for good crafting. It is a pretty decent upgrade.
Dell provides the opportunity for you to have the best typing experience on a laptop. The keypad is smooth and easy to work. You can get a marvellous gaming option on Dell XPS. The laptop has an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 graphic card. It gives the possibility to watch top-quality videos and play games smoothly.
- The screen is a gorilla glass sturdy material along with an aluminum chassis. Collectively the structure can bear a strong impact. You do not have to worry about the screen getting damaged
- The smooth glass surface feels lovely to use
- It is fast and efficient when exporting data. You can export videos and images to an online platform very quickly
- Anti-reflective coating is a premium quality of Dell XPS 15. You can work indoors and outdoors without the slightest reflection on the screen
- It has high resistance against heat and noise. You will not feel any heat in your lap while working
- It is expensive as compared to laptops with the same features
- Dell XPS 15 has less battery life. The battery life drains out during heavy load on the CPU
- Webcam placement is not ideal. While on a video call, your knuckles while typing are visible. It makes it less likable
- Another small quirky issue includes the difficulty in the Wi-Fi connection. The problem is prevalent in some models of Dell
2. MICROSOFT SURFACE PRO 6 12.3″
Likewise, next on the list is the Microsoft Surface Pro 6. It is another great laptop for crafting. I find it pretty amazing that we can get a perfect laptop in this price range. It is right off the bat the most stylish laptop Microsoft has introduced. I think this laptop has one of the most aesthetic designs in the series.
Microsoft Surface Pro is a versatile piece of art that you can transform according to your need. You can shapeshift it into a laptop and tablet . It has an 8th generation Intel core processor. Lastly, the processor provides the most considerable clock speed of 3.6 GHz. It offers exceptional performance and responsiveness.
The Microsoft Surface Pro 6 has a plethora of features that make it one of a kind. The design has an ambient light sensor along with an accelerometer and gyroscope. The ultra-slim design makes it user-friendly and more comfortable to travel with. If you are a traveller and are always on the go, then this is your match. It has a sleek and interactive keyboard that lets you maximize work productivity. The good crafting laptop has a pixel sense display. Also, Microsoft Pro 6 has a humongous battery life. It takes up to 13.5 hours of video playback.
- The flexible hinge makes the laptop structure sturdy and durable. It has better adaptability
- Also, it has a detachable keyboard, which is a distinctive property. You can dismantle the keyboard to turn it into a tablet
- The screen is reflective under direct sunlight. You will find it difficult to work outdoors with this laptop
- The structure is without a cooling fan. It heats up and can become difficult to place in your lap
- The laptop has a smaller trackpad, which makes working a bit difficult
- For someone saving everything on the desktop, 128 GB is a minimal storage option. Moreover, the less capacity makes it fill up quickly
3. ACER SPIN 3 14″ – BEST 2 IN 1 LAPTOP FOR CRAFTING
Next on the list, Acer Spin 3 is worth mentioning. Acer is an old company that takes pride in mastering the laptop technology. It is no doubt that Acer Spin 3 serves the purpose of crafting in an excellent way.
The laptop is built to last with 8th generation Intel core i7. You can get the optimum fingerprint Hello reader on Acer Spin 3. You will find it amazing to see the progress of fingerprint technology. The backlit keyboard is easy and comfortable to work.
The Acer Spin 3 comes with a rechargeable active stylus pen. It is a perfect masterpiece for an authentic drawing and note-taking experience. The laptop is made for crafting. You can call it a crafter’s paradise. The stylus pen can give 90 minutes of work usage with just 15 seconds in the dock. The dock prevents the pen from damage and loss. The design is slim and has a perfect cooling system. Lastly, you can convert it into four attractive modes. The modes change between tent, stand, tablet, and laptop.
- Palm rest is very spacious. You can work smoothly on the laptop with better armrests. The touchpad is ergonomically built and avoids the pain in palms
- It has a massive 12 hours of battery time that you can utilize for a good crafting
- The connectivity technology of Acer Spin 3 has improved for better internet access
- The body is entirely made of plastic. Acer Spin 3 structure feels hollow and not firm
- The white balance on the screen is better in other models
4. LENOVO YOGA 730 2 IN 1 15.6″
Moving on to the list of best laptop for crafting, we have this model. The new 2018 Lenovo Yoga has multiple features that make the offer desirable. I think this is the kind of laptop that is suitable for students and creators on a low budget . It has most specifications that you can get on a Lenovo series. It has an 8GB of memory size, and it has Intel Core i5 Processor with 1.6 GHz of CPU speed. The 256 GB hard disk size is very satisfying in this series. The Lenovo Yoga has a Led display technology with 15.6 inches screen display.
The Lenovo series has introduced a fantastic model in the form of Yoga730. It is a two in one model that lets you enjoy all the perks. You can change the model into a laptop, tend mode, and a tablet. The Lenovo Yoga is suitable for Windows ink. It is a software suite on Windows 10 that contains application and specification. You can have the most fantastic experience with pen computing. The one of its kind Lenovo Yoga is a perfect workspace for pen-oriented good crafting. What is the best laptop for crafting? I believe you have your answer. The series has hello recognition, which is a secure way to get instant access to your computer.
- Heat management in Lenovo Yoga is exemplary. The laptop has excellent thermal output. It will not heat up to be uncomfortable in your lap. The maximum temperature that can reach on this series is 40-41 degrees Celsius. However, other laptops rise to 45-46 degrees Celsius
- Lenovo Yoga is the best laptop for crafting. It has a better touchpad size than other models. You can work on the laptop efficiently since it is ergonomically built
- It has precision drivers that provide a consistent and accurate pointing experience. The feature gives it an upper hand against competitors
- It is a very quiet laptop under CPU loads
- Webcam quality is better with 720 p quality video
- The design is very similar to previous models. There is no new improvement in the structure
- Lenovo Yoga has sharp edges. It means that you might feel uncomfortable handling it. The edges are rough around fingers and bulge out
- The SD card option is unavailable
- Thick bezels are not suitable for high-quality editing work and good crafting
5. ACER ASPIRE E 15 15.6″
Acer Aspire E15 is worth mentioning here. Likewise, Acer is a successful technology torchbearer. Aspire E15 has a fantastic specification that makes it stand out in the crowd. I find it impressive that a budget laptop has various extended features.
Also, Acer Aspire is a perfect example of a machine doing its intended job very well. It aims to provide a stable value with a better battery time. Packed with an 8th generation Core i3, you can maximize work. Lastly, you can find out the difference in Cores here.
The best laptop for crafting has a full 15.6 inches of wide LED-lit display. It has a 6 GB of dual-channel memory. It is a chipset on the motherboard that provides additional RAM. You can work on your favorite crafting project without any hindrance. I also have a pro tip for you! Try a different AC adapter or pressing the key combinations. It will make sure that the system is outputting to video to the internal display. Lastly, the Acer Aspire has a 64-bit architecture operating system. The Acer Aspire E-15 has an impressive 13.5 hours of battery life.
- It is the best price budget laptop with Thick chassis. Also, the chassis helps to manage heat and noise
- The best laptop for crafting has a lot of connectivity options and a top-notch processor
- You can easily upgrade it according to personal choice. Furthermore, add RAM and SSD by opening the screws underneath. You can upgrade up to 16 GB RAM
- Its screen flexes if you apply a slight pressure from an angle
- Colour contrast needs improvement in this model
6. DELL INSPIRON 15 15.6″ – BEST LAPTOP FOR PROFESSIONAL
Moving on to the list of best laptop for crafting, we have Dell Inspiron. It is an excellent laptop for small usage. Also, the students on a budget can buy this happily. The laptop is packed with an Intel Core i5 processor. It has an integrated Intel HD graphics card 620. Also, the gaming experience is relatively enjoyable in leisure time. The laptop comes with a 4.0 Bluetooth technology. You can quickly transfer data to another user in a short-range. Dell always introduces a laptop with multiple features and at a suitable price.
It has a 15.6 inch of the HD touchscreen display. If we talk about the ports, the Dell Inspiron has the right number. There are two USB 2.0 ports and two USB 3.0 ports. You can access all the ports to transfer data quickly. 8GB RAM and a 256 GB SSD storage are sufficient for smooth usage. Moreover, the black colour is shiny and is bound to make heads turn. The CPU speed stands at 2.7 GHz.
- The multi-touch pad is very sensitive and responsive. It is on point and lets you enjoy all the gestures
- It is the most affordable laptop with sufficient specifications
- Upgrading this laptop is a hectic task. The tight screws and plastic clips make it difficult
- Also, it is a heavy laptop with a flimsy plastic finish. You cannot travel with it for a more extended period
- Screen contrast needs improvement. You will find it difficult to see the screen through a lot of angles
7. LENOVO IDEAPAD 330 15.6″ – BEST BUDGET FRIENDLY LAPTOP
Lenovo Ideapad is an efficient series that is providing users with the best options. The Ideapad has an 8GB RAM and 256 GB SSD storage. It packs the 7th generation dual-core processor. The Lenovo Ideapad is a classic design that is for sophisticated users. There is a Windows 10 preinstalled on the laptop so you will not have to worry about installation either. The 64-bit operating system is ideal for good crafting work.
The Lenovo IdeaPad has a processor speed of 3.1 GHz. The LED display technology makes working attractive. It is a full, automized, premium business laptop.
- The anti-glare screen is adaptable for outdoor usage. Also, you can efficiently work in direct sunlight without struggling to look
- It has fast and reliable disk drives that provide the extra feature for data transfer and storage
- It is a large and heavy laptop with a sturdy design. It is difficult to travel with due to its almost 5 pounds weight
- The battery lifetime is meager. Consequently, you can get up to 5 hours of consistent work with full charging
- It is not advisable for gaming
8. LENOVO FLEX 14 2 in 1 – BEST LAPTOP FOR CRAFTERS & GRAPHIC DESIGNER
Lenovo Flex 14 is a fantastic addition to the Lenovo series. It is a convertible laptop with a clean and suitable design. The machine is ideally built for crafting and video editing. You can run multiple applications simultaneously on Lenovo Flex. The ultra-thin and sleek structure allows you to travel more comfortably with it. It has a dazzling visual quality and audio clarity. There is a thin bezel on three sides for maximum display. Good crafting and video editing are easier than ever with this gadget.
The Lenovo Flex has an AMD Ryzen 5 3500U processor. Moreover, it has 12 GB of DDR4 RAM and 256 GB NVMe SSD. The Lenovo Flex packs the speed and power to boost your work productivity, and creativity battery time of this gadget is fantastic. You can get up to 10 hours of battery time with continuous usage. It has a CPU speed of 2.1 GHz, which gives it an impressive speed. Windows 10 operating systems have built-in virus protection, so that is a plus point too.
- The most compelling feature is the multimode design. You can convert it into four modes. They are a laptop, tablet, stand, and tent
- The webcam has a privacy shutter on top. You can shut it off when not in use
- Lenovo Flex 15 has the best cooling system. It does not let the device heat up that much when in use
- The pen has impressive battery timing. It consists of a quad eight battery that can last for months
- When you dock the pen on the USB port, it blocks all the other ports. You cannot access USB ports, the SD drive, and the power button
- You can find better options for gaming on other laptops. Also, Lenovo Flex is not as fast for smooth frames
- There are stubborn screws and plastic clips that make disassembly difficult
- The color accuracy is weak, and reflection at some angles disrupts the overall view
9. ASUS VIVOBOOK F510QA 15.6″
Lastly, we have ASUS Vivo Book, which is a lightweight and user-friendly laptop. The gadget is best for video editing and crafting. The appearance of the Asus Vivo Book is appealing and attractive. You can see the light reflection of various colours on the case. There is a bonus of getting Windows 10 with S mode on this laptop. Furthermore, the Asus Vivo Book comes with an 8 GB RAM and 256 GB SSD storage. The combination is perfect for a laptop of this cost.
The screen has a spectacular wide display screen with fabulous software enhancement. You can get an ergonomic chiclet keyboard and a built-in finger scanner. The Vivo Book has an AMD Quad-Core A12-9720P Processor. The laptop is a perfect accessory for crafting. You cannot find a better option with these features in this price range.
- The Vivo Book is exceptionally lightweight and an ideal travel companion. You can pack it along and take it wherever you go
- There is a splendid Visual Optimization technology for the user’s benefit. A single click can access the four modes. The modes are standard, Eyecare, Vivid, and manual
- The display is not brighter and needs room for improvement
How to Choose a Laptop for Crafting
We know that the struggle to find the appropriate product can be a bit hectic. You can find just the thing you are looking for by keeping a few things in mind.
Yes! A processor core matters a lot. Think of it as the brain of a computer. It performs the calculation, sends, and receives instructions, and acts upon them. But why is it necessary to know about them? How to choose a laptop for crafting? These are all the questions that must come to your mind. The processor lets the user work faster. The greater the number of cores, the higher will be the processing speed. You can learn more about the processors to help you find a better product.
2. Types of ports
Likewise, different laptops offer different types of ports. You should know what you are looking for in a laptop. What factors define the best laptop for crafting? Port is one of them if you want to transfer data.
3. Choosing the right resolution
Resolution plays a crucial role when you are buying a laptop for crafting. Resolution is the number of pixels displayed on a screen. The sharpness of the images depends upon the resolution and size of the screen. Higher the resolution, the better the picture quality. But you must consider what you want. You can find more about the appropriate resolution and screen size here.
4. Keyboard and Touchpad
Different companies offer different types of keypads and touchpads on their laptops. Do you need to find out what kind of keyboard you want? What are you comfortable with? It is crucial for someone who needs a laptop for crafting and editing photos.
Frequently Asked Questions
Let’s take a look at some of the most frequently asked questions that people ask when buying a laptop.
1. What factors define the best laptop for crafting?
The factors that define the best laptop for crafting include the following:
It must have the best processor and a top-quality resolution. It should also have an excellent graphic card, sufficient storage, and a sensitive touchpad or screen.
2. What is the difference between a laptop and a tablet?
There is no keyboard or a touchpad with a tablet, mostly. The laptops, however, have a built-in keyboard and a touchpad. There is often a pen to draw and interact with the screen for a tablet.
3. Do I need a tablet for good crafting?
No, not really. You can create good crafting with a laptop also. Tablets are a bit more comfortable to operate and handle. That is why they are sometimes preferred for crafting too.
4. Are pens necessary for good crafting and editing?
Yes! Digital pens are necessary for drawing and crafting. You can highlight a tiny detail with a pen. On the other hand, it is a little tricky with hand or mouse pointer.
I love to craft and edit, so my favourite model is Lenovo Flex 14 2-in-1 Convertible Laptop. It is the best laptop for crafting. It has a sensitive pen that I find interesting to use. The pen’s battery life is impressive. It has a multimode feature that you can change according to your need. It is expensive but worth buying.
If you have a lower budget, I suggest Lenovo IdeaPad 330. It is the best budget-friendly laptop that offers plenty of specifications. Lastly, choose the best option and bring your imagination to life. So what are you waiting for? Buy your preferred laptop by clicking on the link below.